18.05.2022 Alpine Select Ltd: The ordinary shareholders’ meeting approves all agenda items and proposals proposed by the board of directors
In detail, the shareholders’ meeting 2022 of Alpine Select Ltd. passed the following resolutions:
- The annual report 2021 (statutory financial statements as well as financial statements in accordance with Swiss GAAP FER) was approved and the compensation report 2021 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of available earnings and the distribution of a dividend of CHF 1.00 gross per outstanding registered share was approved. The dividend will be paid to the shareholders after deduction of 35% VAT with value date 25 May 2022. The share will be traded ex-dividend from 23 May 2022.
- The members of the board of directors and the management were discharged for the 2021 financial year.
- The board members Raymond J. Baer, Thomas Amstutz, Dieter Dubs and Michel Vukotic were re-elected individually and each for a one-year term of office until conclusion of the next ordinary shareholders’ meeting. In addition, Raymond J. Baer was confirmed as president of the board of directors for a one-year term. Raymond J. Baer and Dieter Dubs were re-elected as members of the compensation committee for a one-year term. BDO Ltd., Zurich, was re-elected as the auditor of the company for another one-year period and HütteLAW AG, Cham, was re-elected as independent representative until the next ordinary shareholders’ meeting.
- In addition, the shareholders approved the proposed maximum total compensation of the board of directors for the next term of office (AGM 2021 to AGM 2022) and the proposed maximum total compensation for the management (for the coming financial year 2022).
- The continuation of the share buyback program from 20 May 2020 for the acquisition of a maximum of 925,797 own shares by one year until 31 May 2023 was also approved.
- Finally, the shareholders approved an amendment by the Board of Directors of Alpine Select Ltd. and thereby the creation of authorized capital in the maximum amount of CHF 90,000.00 by issuing a maximum of 4,500,000 registered shares with a par value of CHF 0.02 each to be fully paid-in, and the corresponding revised article 4a of the articles of association.
Based on the Ordinance of the Federal Council on measures to prevent coronavirus, today’s ordinary shareholders meeting of Alpine Select Ltd. was held without the physical presence of the shareholders. The independent proxy represented 6,027,228 shares (or 65.10% of all outstanding shares)
About Alpine Select
Alpine Select Ltd is an investment company domiciled in Zug and has been listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since 1998. The Company offers its shareholders the key benefit of investing into a diversified alternative investment portfolio. Alpine Select maintains an active and constructive dialogue with management and board of directors of its portfolio companies in the best interest of its shareholders. Alpine Select does not charge any management or performance fees.
- Press release (in PDF Format)